Since the Morgan Freeman/Jack Nicholson movie, you all know what a "bucket list" is. Perhaps several of you have a list of those biggies you want to be sure to experience or accomplish while you're still alive.
But have you heard of a "thimble list"? A friend of mine told me that she has a list of smaller items that she wants to be sure to do regularly to savor life. I like that idea about as much as (maybe more than) a bucket list. After all, it's the daily experiences or the more regular ones that really define our lives—and bring joy to us and others.
After my friend told me about this idea, I made a thimble list. As that was several months ago, perhaps I need to update and tweak it a bit. I'll share a couple things from my original list in the hope that it might motivate you to think of your own thimble list. What would help you pay attention each day? Be more grateful? Savor life and suck out as much juice from it as you can? Give more juice and joy to others?
A sampling of my list:
• Slowly sip my morning (flavored!) coffee without thinking about all I have to do.
• Give at least one compliment each day to someone.
• Take a nap occasionally—without guilt.
• Do things that are totally play for me.
• Do spontaneous things with my female friends. And with my fiance.
What would you put on your list? I'd love to hear.