On the recommendation of a friend, I got a book from the library that I like after just the first chapter. I'm reading The Not So Big Life: Making Room for What Really Matters by Sarah Susanka. The author began with a big life question: Is this all there is? That question led her to huge life changes—and to writing this book. I resonate with so much of what I can see lies ahead for me in her book.
For example, here are some of the catchy reminders Susanka includes in her book to keep us on task when aligning our lives with what matters most to us:
• "The only way to change the world is to change yourself.
• "Live into the questions.
• "Everything's a reflection.
• "The world is not out there; the world is in you.
• "All there is, is you.
• "Never underestimate the personality.
• "Be in your doing.
• "Follow the synchronicities.
• "Ask, and you shall receive.
• "Life is the experiencing of the experience.
• "We can truly become human beings rather than human doings."
We could say a lot about each one of those reminders. But really, they speak for themselves. Ponder them. Make them your own. Meditate on them. Add to them your own wisdom and reminders. Share with us below, if you're so moved.