Do you pay attention to life's simple pleasures? Sometimes they can bring as much pure joy as any of life's great, mountain-top experiences. Recently I saw a list of 35 simple pleasures. I'll repeat some of them here for you to consider:
• Your first sip of coffee in the morning.
• A warm bath (perhaps even add some bubbles).
• A beautiful sunset.
• Dinner by candlelight.
• The smell of freshly cut grass.
• Clothes fresh out of the dryer. (Or better yet, fresh off a clothes line—if anyone does that anymore!)
• Sleeping in.
• A hot fudge sundae (or decadent dessert of your choice).
• The sound of a gentle rain falling on leaves.
• Reading a book that resonates.
• A cool breeze on a hot day.
• Hearing children giggle.
• Holding hands with a loved one.
• Blowing bubbles.
• Reminiscing with old friends.
What would you add to this list? Make your own list. Start paying attention. Bring your awareness to life's pleasures—and let go of the cares and heaviness for a while. Savor the good moments.
Post a Comment